Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

*~Snow Day!~*

It's been awhile since we have had a "good" snow.  Actually, in my mind, the latest snow here in the DC metro area was, meh.  Let me say this though....it was beautiful and I LOVE watching it fall serenely and softly to the ground. There is something so peaceful about falling snow.  Pre-daughter, the hubs and I would take walks in the snow, at any time of night (that is, if we had the next day off).  Perhaps we need to invest in a longer range video monitor.

Any way....we ended up with about 4 inches and a SNOW DAY! That's the best part.  Because we are teachers it is even better.  Perhaps the love of snow and snow days is due to the love my dad had for snow.

The snow was so light weight that we could just use a broom to sweep it off the deck/porch/stairs.  We have yet to invest in a real snow shovel, as we just don't get huge snow storms.  I would totally eat my words if that means we'll get a HUGE storm, BOSTON HUGE!  That might handicap the DC metro area for many days!

PC had a blast in the snow, well as much as I could tell. She liked walking down the sidewalk and she liked brushing the snow off of the steps and the walls of other people's yards (*sidenote: I need to get PC some legit winter mittens, waterproof ones, but I just haven't been able to find some for her lil PC paws, or good boots, but as she isn't doing too much walking in the snow,  I guess they aren't necessary)


She didn't really walk in the snow, she would stand there and when she would attempt to walk she would basically fall over. Kinda cute.  We don't have a sled, so we couldn't even pull her through the snow, nor are there many hills here....
She did love sledding when we visited my bestie and her daughter and hubby last weekend in Pittsburgh.

but the pups, the hubs, PC and I bundled out and trudged down the block to our park to let the pups run free.



 Snow Dog!
Here's hoping that we get some a few more storms this year! I'll be turning my PJs inside out and flushing ice cubes down the toilet and PC and I will do a few snow dances! 
We <3 SNOW! 

No comments:

Post a Comment