Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Fall Goodies!

It's fall, which means time for some fall treats!

With all the apples we picked at the Orchard the other week I figured I needed to do something with them, use them before they went bad.  I had planned(still planning) on making applesauce because lil miss PC LOOOOVES her some applesauce! However, we still had a bunch, so enter..... apple crisp! MMMM....if only I had some homemade vanilla ice cream, actually any vanilla ice cream would have worked.  I do wish that I hadn't put oatmeal on top, it was initially fine, but when it gets wet it gets that soggy oatmeal quality- Not.a.fan!  I also wish I had sliced the apples thinner, I don't like crunchy apples in my apple crisp, or apple pie. However, that being said, we ate it all.....over the course of a few days ;-)
I also had to make a chicken pot pie.  There is something very comforting about pot pie. I love eating a nice slice of warm pot pie on a brisk fall evening.  I think it may even taste better in sweatpants and a sweatshirt, but maybe that's just me :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment