Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Homemade!

I'm Sally Homemaker! Haha, kinda.....

Well, I attempted my hand at homemade baby food. I have no idea if I "did" it right.  I mean can you screw it up too badly? We've been purchasing the pouches of food to send with PC so that the nanny doesn't have to worry about her choking(you know with the whole baby led weaning, or as the doctor called it, feeding the baby table food).  Apparently she does not care for the baby led weaning idea.  At least that's the feeling I got when we went.

The pouches are definitely a lot more smooth than the peas and sweet potato that I made.  I boiled the veggies(not together), then I blended them up using my hand held cuisinart blender. I liked it because it was a lot easier than busting out my ridiculously loud blender and having to take out all the parts and assembling and then cleaning that all up.

I then froze the veggie "mush" in ice cube trays.  PC tried the peas today, she didn't seem to love it. Maybe it was the texture, it wasn't so smooth, or maybe the taste. I feel like peas, on their own blended up like they were, were kind of bland. I do mix the purees with pear, banana or apple, to give an extra sweetness, as well as some texture.

 I wanna help feed myself!

She does love the butternut squash with a hint of cinnamon, that will be the next batch of food I make. I will also try carrots and green beans.  I just don't want to make more than my freezer can handle. Although, poor baby girl is just having a lot of repeats, peas, sweet potato, peas, sweet potato, repeat.... I guess she can't complain, she's been having the same meal many times a day for the last 8 months lol!

All in all, I am pretty proud of myself. It's also pretty easy to get ready for her.  I take out a cube, put it in a glass bowl, microwave for 15 seconds, stir up, then microwave again for 15 seconds, then add some water. Badabing Badaboom!

Does anyone have any favorite baby food that they make? 

Any fun blends?

No comments:

Post a Comment