Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Teething Biscuits

Well.....PC is getting some more teeth- (insert sarcastic Yay!). We were very lucky and thankful that the bottom two came in with very little trouble, however these big buggers are no so forgiving! She's waken up multiple times during the night the last few nights(*Yawn), thankfully the hubs needs less sleep than I and has the knack for comforting PC, she loves to fall asleep on him. I am slightly jealous, she doesn't fall asleep on me like she used to:-(  He must just lay at the correct angle.
We finally gave her some tylenol last night and it seemed to help after the 2nd/3rd time she woke up screaming.

Anyway, it's been on my to do list to make her some teething biscuits. So I made two. The first is really simple, idea found here. Thank goodness for Pinterest!

I cut off the crusts of the bread. Then I flattened with my fingers, you can of course roll them, but this way I had less to wash.
Then I spread a thin layer of the applesauce I made last night(which, PC loves BTW!) If these are a success I might try spreading sweet potato or other goodness on there
 I sprinkled with some cinammon
 Then you roll as tightly as possible and microwave for 60 seconds until hard, microwave longer if necessary.
The one on the bottom did not stay fully stuck together, so then I added a little water(to the top one) to try and keep the bread together. It seemed to work better. 
It's a hit with PC!  
I will say that these teethers are a little messy...her face gets coated and crumbs fall all over. I end up a mess too if I'm holding her, or if she's eating one while we walk in her Ergo.  

No comments:

Post a Comment