Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

More Homemade Purees

Made some more baby food last night.

I made applesauce and green beans.  The applesauce was a big hit and I look forward to mixing it with other foods. She already loves sweet potato a WHOLE lot!

The large apple on the right was a gift from a student- what's the saying? "An apple a day keeps the teacher away?"

Homemade food is sooo easy, but time consuming. Peel, chop, boil, smoosh, freeze repeat.
 Gotta love the immersion blender!



I tried to puree up carrots the another night but they just weren't as smooth as I had hoped. They seem kind of stringy, as did the beans that I made up last night(ha string beans, so maybe it's in the name). Maybe I need to use my standing blender to puree some foods other than my handheld.  It's just a lot easier to clean the handheld and also to take out. (Mommy laziness).

No comments:

Post a Comment