Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Adventures in Pittsburgh

This past weekend we were finally able to get up to Pittsburgh to see my best friend and her beautiful addition to her family, her daughter, Piper(Sweet P), as well as their new house!

 My title says "Adventures" I use that term loosely, since we didn't really go anywhere, I guess the adventures were traveling with a 5 month old to visit a 3 week old and figuring out feeding and sleeping away from home.  PC is a trooper!

We actually go hit with a Snow Storm Wednesday night, which meant no school Thursday. We already didn't have school Friday and Monday was a holiday, so enter 5 day weekend! Wahoo!! (Of course it only makes going back to work that much harder.)

Not as excited as her mother
She was distracted by her father's shoveling
However, before we left DC I had to(of course) take some pictures of my lil PC in the snow.  It was actually too hard for her to sink in so I had to punch in a "nook" for her to sit in, otherwise she just slid all over the place.


On our way there, we saw......a car completely plowed in...I would NOT have been pleased! I also captured the snow that had been "blasted" on the wall by the giant snow blower.

This is a definitely a new chapter in our lives.  Teresa and I have known each other since freshman year of college(13 years of friendship I believe), we've known each other since we were single, we were in each others weddings and now, we both have beautiful daughters. Her Sweet P and my Panda Cub! Looking forward to our next set of adventures as parents. Laughter, tears, fears.....

 Life, as we know it, will never be the same again! 

Pittsburgh still has lots of snow. Actually it snowed again while we were there Saturday. And...for those of you who know me, know that I love snow!!!! **** I had planned to place PC in the middle of their beautifully untouched snow. They have no dogs to trample it all down and pee/poo in it, but I never got around to it.  I got distracted with making snow cream. What's that you say? Some of you may know because you've made it before, but I had never heard of it until I saw a friend mention it on FB, sooooo of course I had to try it too.  The first attempt, according to T's husband, tasted "dirty." That's because we used granulated white sugar, the second time we used confectioners sugar. We added creamer, because we didn't have milk and vanilla....what are the measurements? Ehhhh I just added until it tasted good. haha....


We had meant to make jello-snow, which T made when she was little. You add jello packets to the snow so it's like a snow cone. Next time, or rather, next snow!

Here are some adorable pictures of Piper and Charlotte(Sweet P and Panda Cub). They are 5 months apart. Charlotte looks like she could eat tiny Piper....
Charlotte apparently decided she would take down the play mat. Rahhhh


Comforting her sad friend


1 comment: