Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures

It's been awhile.....

I haven't truly exercised in awhile. I mean really truly put on the workout clothes, wait, not true, I have put on workout clothes, but only because they are comfy. It's actually the sports bra that I haven't put, I just find that thing sooo restrictive and uncomfortable.  Don't get me wrong, it does it's job.  One of my besties however lives and dies by her sports bra. I.DON'T.UNDERSTAND.IT though! Please explain T...I know the hubs isn't a fan either haha!

Anyway, I haven't run since the 5K that I did back at Thanksgiving with another bestie. I kinda blame the fact that the weather got colder and that I had to go back to work. So I think that is acceptable. Right?! I mean I suppose out of shape people are always making excuses, but I think mine are kinda valid, no?  Well my last 5K was run when PC was 3 months old, 3 months ago if you're keeping track.

And, like I said, Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures.

Since having PC we've been trying to be better about spending money unnecessarily, you know like going out to eat every week or shopping(me).  We are trying to be a little more money savvy. It's been going well pretty well. We haven't belonged to a gym in awhile, it's just an unnecessary expense for us at this point.  We originally joined to, of course, get in shape. We figured if we were shelling out the money then we would certainly go, otherwise it was money wasted. Ha! We were pretty good in the beginning and then life got in the way!  But I mean, there are a lot of free things we can do, walk, hike, bike, run. Those are all free of charge.....but I do miss the classes, spin and step. I'm hoping that a Planet Fitness will come to the District soon at $10 a month I think we could handle that.  

I'm usually too tired to do much after work(EXCUSE), or I want to spend time with my lil PC (Better excuse right?!).  I'll have moments where I see people running and start to feel motivated...then I get home and start to put on all the clothes and then I give up haha! Sitting down just feels sooo nice.

Then, last week I received an email for the Rock n Roll DC 1/2 and full marathon. It was the President's Day special $99, which is actually a steal! I've done the 1/2 the last two years, last year when I was preggers with lil PC. However, I just haven't had the time to prepare for a 1/2 at this point in the year.  Then, low and behold! I see that they have just added a 5K! That I could do and it was also discounted.  And, wait for it...... you also get a medal!!!! WAHOO! Usually you don't get medals for 5Ks. So, I sucked it up and paid the money(also really wanted another medal)and now I have officially 3 weeks to get ready. But, at least it is getting my Butt moving, slow that it may be! 

***Side-note: PC will be 6 months for this 5K. Then I have another 5K in May and she'll be 9 months.  So I have a 5K every 3 months. Ha!

Be proud! I woke this past Saturday morning and ran 2 miles! I'm more than halfway there haha.  I have to say that I do need to work on my breathing again....phew!! I was doing my fair share of huffing and puffing there towards the end.  Then, the hubs, PC,  dogs and I went for a 2 mile walk, then I did another 2 miles Saturday evening because I couldn't find the metro, and it was taking forever and to top it all off I joined my sister-in-law at her friend's bachelorette party. What did we do you ask? We did Chair and Pole Dancing. Don't laugh, it is truly a workout! It's now Tuesday and I am still a little sore.

Anyone else running something fun this spring?

What's your favorite race you've ever done?

How do you have time to work out, have a job and be a mom? 





No comments:

Post a Comment