Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Super bowl Treats

What kind of goodies are you making for the Super bowl? 


We are having a low key night, having some friends over, because of course, we have a baby.  I actually don't mind taking her out......but she's just getting over a cold, so, probably better to stay in.  I also think that it would be great to have the Super Bowl on a Saturday instead of a Sunday, because honestly, who wants to go into work after eating, drinking and staying up later than normal(ok maybe I'm the only one staying up past her bedtime.) What time do I go to bed you ask? Well 9:00, no, I am not 12 years old, but I know I am one of those people who need their 8 hours of sleep. Plus I still wake up at least once a night to feed so it isn't a pure 8 hours.  Don't judge....if I could get by with 6 hours of sleep it would make my days much longer and maybe more productive. Ha! Who am I kidding? I'd probably be less productive....

Anywho....we cheered for the Broncos. I am a big fan of Peyton Manning, I dunno why, lie, I do know why.  He's a great quarter back. He also just seems so real, so approachable.  I could be completely off, but he is just so likable.  He's not a pretty boy, he isn't showy. He's likable!

 I guess no one told the Broncos that they were playing in the Super Bowl. Whoops!!! I do admire how Peyton responded after the Super Bowl. True class!

Someone wanted to help mommy bake!
Today also happens to be the hubs' birthday. I allowed him to choose the cupcakes he would like from my wonderful Martha Stewart Cupcake book. Being the beer LOVER that he is, he choose the Stout Cupcake with the Stout Icing, he of course supplied the Stout. Based on the recipe, they are definitely more a spiced cupcake with molasses, cinnamon and orange zest.  The icing only called for 1/4 cup stout and 2 cups sifted confectioners sugar. I also added some vanilla extract to give it a little more depth.














We are also trying Beer-Candied Bacon. I found the recipe here. I mean, Bacon, Beer, right up every guys alley and seems perfect to go with our super bowl treats. Hopefully it turns out right. We purchased the thick cut skin off bacon from our local market. We chose to use an Octoberfest because it is maltier.


 This was delicious! This will be happening again.

 This little girl was no impressed with the football game.

We also served our barbacoa, cilantro rice and corn salsa tacos..... you can find the recipe here.

Our friends brought some other goodies:

A cheese and charcuterie plate

7-Layer Taco Dip


and.....venison dip in a bread bowl (forgot to take a picture)

This was definitely not(at least in my mind) your typical Super Bowl food.  I mean at least not college days of pizza, and frozen treats heated in the oven. I thought we classed it up a bit more. Too bad we had waaaayyyy too much food, but that's ok because now we have leftovers! Holla!

No comments:

Post a Comment