Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Barbacoa

I love Tacos! Fresh ones, especially from food trucks! YUMMMMM!!!

I got my recipe from here, but I didn't have a pressure cooker so I used our slow cooker. I love our slow cooker add all the ingredients, push the button and go about your day. Then several hours later mmm....deliciousness....well hopefully.

Fresh Ingredients! Yummy!
I pureed the "sauce" mixture in my food processor. *Side note, I wish that when I had done my wedding registry I had done better research on a blender/food processor.  My Cuisinart blender is SO loud! It seriously hurt my ears.  Crazily enough PC slept through the whole screeching process.




I purchased 3 lbs of bottom round roast which I cut up into 5 chunks. I then browned the meat on all sides in oil. I then added the meat to the crock pot and poured my "sauce" on top of the meat. I then set the crock pot for 6 hours.

Cilantro Rice:


 I cooked jasmine rice in our rice cooker, normal style, 2-1(two cups of water to one cup of rice) I also added a tablespoon of EVOO and some salt.  Once the rice was done I added lime juice and fresh chopped cilantro.

Corn Salsa:

1/2 of a red onion, diced
chopped cilantro
4 cups of cooked corn
2 tomatoes diced
Chipotle Chili powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 jalapeƱo peppers seeds removed (I added a few for extra spice)
**Note: I've never chopped a hot pepper before. Next time I will wear gloves. I didn't realize how potent the oils from the pepper were. I thought I was being careful. washed my hands and HA! I then rubbed my nose and OWWWWW! Yeah, nose burning, sucked!! I was so worried I was going to touch my eye and of course I wear contacts.  And to top it all PC has been chewing/sucking on my fingers lately. I was so scared that I was going to get the oil on her or in her mouth. Thankfully I don't think she got any. Although I could SWEAR that there was still spice under my nails like a day later! WEAR GLOVES people!



We of course had leftovers.  We've been trying to be a lot more savvy with our dinners. Trying to use up leftovers. We are trying to save money.

So, with our leftovers the other night we had

Barbacoa Tacos!

We used flour tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment