Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

First Cold!

Our second health adventure.  Poor PC has her first cold. No mother likes to see their baby sick. She's all stuffy and congested.  She also has a this phlegmy cough that is so sad to hear.  She coughed so hard and much today that she threw up more mucus.  Poor little panda.  She's of course been fussier than normal and my heart aches for her. I just don't want her to be uncomfortable.

We currently have this guy that we got from the hospital, we have two of them....I don't actually think this one works very well.  I mean it gets some mucus out, but I don't think it is as effective as the product below will be.  It can only do so much sucking with it's little bulb before it runs out. Plus, I am not sure I actually clean it. I've only used it today, but I'm pretty sure I need to figure out a good way to disinfect this sucker(haha).

I had this guy on my registry, but no one bought it for me. Tragic I know and me being I dunno what, didn't buy one until the other day and now I wait for Amazon to deliver it. Hopefully baby girl can hang on until then. If not I will be going to Babies R Us to buy one and then I'll give this one away as a gift.

Being the over paranoid mother(first baby) I called the pediatrician, just in case. She said that she's been getting a lot phone calls lately about babies with colds. It is just the season and I knew we wouldn't be able to avoid it although I was very much hoping we could.  Thankfully when Gary and I were both sick lil love bug stayed healthy.  I'm just hoping that she is able to sleep peacefully, as much as possible, throughout the night.

So far she has been able to feed ok and she's still smiley so that's a good thing.  

Poor boo didn't nap at all today and then finally fell asleep on me later this evening.  Nothing sweetie than having your sick lil one fall asleep on you....well I guess the only thing sweeter would be a healthy one!

Sleep sweet little one!


Any tips for a baby with cold? Things that you've found that work?


No comments:

Post a Comment