Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

***Snow Day!***

What are some of your favorite things to do on a snow day?

Yesterday we had a snow day and we have another one today! As a teacher, there is nothing better! 
And so it begins.....
Someone is super excited for Snow!




I'm a big fan of traditions....
Gary and I have the tradition of walking in the snow, even if it is snowing at midnight. Actually walking in the snow at midnight is so peaceful. There are usually no cars out and most likely not people, except for us adventurers.  I love walking down the middle of snowy streets, being bundled up, frolicking through the beautiful soft white flakes.  So, of course we have to continue the tradition with PC. So far we've had two walks in the snow....the last two "snows" were not really that epic, but snow is snow and I will take what I can get here in the district.










Not quite sure what to make of the white stuff.
So, other than hanging out in our PJs, watching some movies, snuggling and taking our walk I'm starting a new tradition.

PC hanging out in her PJs


What movies did we watch you ask?! Why, the Fast and the Furious 6 of course and Immortal Bones....Ever since watching the first Fast and the Furious back in what, high school I've been addicted. I mean Paul Walker(RIP) and Vin, come on! haha.....the only true fall was Tokyo Drift, I love the Ludacris, I mean Chris(his more serious side), Tyrese and the Rock are in in. Classic!  So while the snow falls down, PC naps and we are snuggled up on the couch.

Homemade pretzels! 

Mmmmm.....who doesn't want to come home after a chilly wintery walk to a cup of hot chocolate and fresh homemade pretzels. I can't wait for Charlotte to be able to truly enjoy these traditions as much as Gary and I do.

 Yeast in 1 1/4 warm water and 1 tsp sugar
 4 cups flour, 1 1/2 tsp salt , 1/2 cup sugar; create a well then add 1 tbs oil and yeast/water mix
 Kneaded for 7-8 min until smooth, I used my Kitchen Aid! Win!
 Let sit for an hour covered near warmth so that the dough rises. Then divide into 12 sections. I used our pizza cutter, kinda like Auntie Anne's.
 Roll dough out and then dip into 1/2 cup baking soda and warm water
 I also brushed my pretzels with butter before, during and after

Bon Appetite!

****Happy Snow Day Y'all!!!****





No comments:

Post a Comment