Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What all postpartum women love to hear....or at least me....

Yesterday and Today I got a wonderful compliment!

I was walking out of school yesterday and a former parents stopped me. She goes "Woah! You look great! Did you even have a baby?!" (Enter happy heart)
For most of us losing the baby weight doesn't just magically fall off, although there are some of you whom this happened to. If I could just figure out a way to activate my thyroid- haha  
They say to give it a year to be back to your post baby weight. If you gained more than the normal amount 25-35 lbs during pregnancy than it might take longer. If you gained less, then it may take less time. This makes sense, no? 
I unfortunately gained more than I would have liked (insert frustrated slap to the forehead!) 

I am 5 months postpartum and am not back to my pre-pregnancy weight yet, slow and steady.  My "ab" area is quite out of shape- oops.....but on a positive note, I can fit into some of my pre preggers pants! YEAH!!!!! I'm still not fully comfortable in many of my shirts....and I can't wait for my muffin top to disappear....if it ever does. 

I did however run a 5K 3 months after PC was born.  I actually did pretty well too. It was also super coooold! 
However, not that I'm back to work full-time I have not found the time and or energy to keep running right now. 





When you are pregnant it's normal to get comments like:

"Oh, you have that glow about you."
"Oh that's so nice that your legs still have shape." (as in no edema)
"You're carrying high."
"I think you're having a girl/boy(based on the way one carries the baby of course:-p)."

Those aren't too bad, but then you also get:

"Oh you must be ready to pop?" (when you are 4 months along)
"Are you sure you aren't having twins?" (Hold me back, I will punch you. I already feel large, how about you make me feel even larger?!)
"You look worn out."
"Looks like baby is gonna be a big one."
"You haven't had your baby yet?!"

You may have also dealt with the touching....if I know you it's ok. It's still a little outside my comfort zone. I mean you don't go around touching other people's normal bellies, do you?! But I mean, if you want to touch, at least PLEASE ASK! It's just so unnatural to me.

After pregnancy what you don't want to hear: 

(I mean come on! Not everyone has the elastic body of a supermodel! Or the good luck of  a body that magically goes back to normal.....for those of you who had that, I am extremely jealous of you!)
"When are you due?"
"How far along are you?"
"Congratulations."
"When is baby two coming along?"
"You look like you're having another baby."

I mean, sensitivity people! Especially after, I mean our hormones are crazy and if you want to make us cry, or tick us off, this is a great way to do it.  Just a forewarning!

What's the craziest comment you got when you were pregnant or postpartum?

No comments:

Post a Comment