Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Springtime in DC

Well, Spring is in full bloom here in the district! 
The Cherry Blossoms have officially blossomed! And....with the blossoms and spring, come the many, many, many tourists.  Don't get me wrong, it's great for our city, but it's also very chaotic! WARNING! If you are planning on coming to DC this spring, walk everywhere, or take the metro, driving is a nightmare. 
Actually, the metro by the National Mall was CRAZY Packed! Like a crowd/line that I have never seen before! I mean there were A LOT of activities going on today. The Japanese Festival, The Cherry Blossom Parade, some other parades/marches, I don't even know! 

So, we fought the wicked crowds and hoards of tourists, school groups, you name it, so that we could take PC's first pictures in front of the infamous cherry blossoms.  
The apple of mommy's eye! Heart of my Heart!
Gary wouldn't let me take pictures at every monument today, which makes sense because we live here and hopefully the crowds will dissipate after the next few weeks and hopefully the DC "Summer" will stay away for a little, not ready for the heat and humidity! 

Isn't she photogenic?
Do you think I could enter her in a cutest baby contest? Would y'all vote for her??

No comments:

Post a Comment