Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

What I ate Wednesday

Have I mentioned that I love my crockpot?! Well, I do! I mean add all the ingredients, push the button, leave, come back and presto! 

So I made a pot roast. Put it together the other night and then Gary started it in the morning.  I added carrots, onions and potatoes. Will you believe that those were actually little white new potatoes? They are now saturated with the goodness of the gravy.  

I am not a fan of dry meat, I am hoping that most of you would agree with me.  So....enter the gravy.  I added 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, one packet of french onion soup mix and 1 1/2 cups of beef broth.  This bad boy cooked on low for 10 hours! Let me tell you, the house smelled delish! If I could bottle of the essence for you I would, or if I could have a scratch n' sniff blog page I totally would! 

I'm usually not a fan of cooked carrots, but these carrots ended up so soft and flavorful that I didn't mind eating them.  The meat was fall apart delish! There was plenty of gravy, I almost thought there was too much, but then I poured some on the potatoes too.

I did not cook the brussel sprouts in the crockpot, I roasted them in the oven, but first tossed them with, EVOO, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper and freshly chopped garlic. I love when the outer leaves fall off and get super crispy. 


What did you eat today?

No comments:

Post a Comment