Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

5K around the corner

Well....it is a week away to my next 5K.  I'm not all that nervous, I mean they say I have an hour to complete the 5K. I'm pretty sure I could walk the whole thing in less than an hour, but I don't plan on finding that one out.  For me, running alone never really motivates me like it does some people.  I do it out of obligation to completing a race, or to get in shape, but I don't have the love that some people have.  Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE to have that, the desire to run and feel sad when I don't get the chance to.  Thankfully it would seem that Spring is right around the corner.  Last week at this time we were preparing for another snow storm, but tomorrow it's supposed to be 60 degrees.

I did run yesterday. It was sunny and warmer. Too bad the wind was a little unforgiving on the route home.  I did about 2.5 miles, so I am almost to the 3.1.  I wanted to take PC with me, but she was fast asleep and we mother's know, if it isn't an emergency, then let them sleep! Peace of mind for us, or at least for me. Ha!

I really hope that they weather is great next Saturday. I also know that when I get around a bunch of people running I too get motivated to try and keep up, to try and pass the person in front of me and to try and get a PB(personal best, just in case you don't know the lingo;-)).

Thankfully the race basically starts in our backyard and since it isn't a long race I don't have to get up super early to try and eat and digest food and use the bathroom a million times.  Don't get me wrong I could be "empty" and get to the starting line and IMMEDIATELY have to pee!
Am I the only runner this happens to?!

The other question I have is for nursing mothers who run. 
How do you run long distances without pumping/feeding? Do you just ignore it?

Hopefully I will be able to get in another few miles this week, but it's just sooo hard during the week, but at least our Girls Running Club, "Sole Sisters" has begun, so I get a little exercise during the work week. Now that the days are getting longer and warmer, I will hopefully be able to motivate myself to get out and walk/run with PC and hopefully the hubs as well.

I look forward to hitting up the Rock N' Roll expo this Thursday to pick up my packet and view the merchandise.  I think I'll take PC with me so she can experience her first expo.

What races are you running?


No comments:

Post a Comment