Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thankful Thursday

I think I've missed a few Thankful Thursday posts, which is not me saying that I'm not thankful.

When Thursday evening comes around I am quite ready for Friday, I'm sure most of you can relate. I mean it's even been a shorter week because of yet another snow storm Sunday night, after a warm Saturday. It's quite bizarre, the weather I mean.  

Anyway, today, and really every day, I am thankful for this wonderful woman.  She's my mother's mom, my grandmother, my Gran, PC's great grandmother.
PC got to meet her great grandmother for the first time at Christmas(she was 4 months).  My grandmother was enamored.  Each time I talk with her, or my mother talks with her, she comments on how she can't wait to see PC again. She mentions how she's such a beauty and adorable(and really, who am I to argue with wisdom?).

This wonderful matriarch will be 97 years old next week!  I am so proud to call her my grandmother.  She's traveled the world, taken care of two husbands, raised two wonderful children, took care of her parents. Both my mother and she are excellent care givers, hopefully the apple hasn't fallen too far from the tree.  


No comments:

Post a Comment